Hello from London

Moderator: Walter

Eddieo

Hello from London

Ungelesener Beitragvon Eddieo » Donnerstag 23. April 2015, 14:34

Hi

My name is Eddie I live in London. I have joined to get specific information about the i138 c-compactline. I am diabetic restricted to 3500 kg, upgrade not an option. I wonder if anyone on here has this van and has taken it to a weigh bridge and know the exact weight?

I ask this as I am concerened, as have read a few reports of the Carthago coming out between 120-150 kg overweight. this would be a disaster for me. currently down in Spain enjoying the weather :)

I post in English as I have no German. other e bike forum I am a member of recommend this. but please feel free to answer in German, as I use automatic translator to read replys and forum, not perfect but better than nothing! ;)
Griesemer
Förderer

Re: Hello from London

Ungelesener Beitragvon Griesemer » Donnerstag 23. April 2015, 15:28

Hi Eddie,
a very warm welcome, and thanks for joining this forum. Hope that any of the other guys here can say something about the weight of their i138 c-compactline. I can't, because we're in the 4500 kg class with our e-line and the weight isn't a problem ;)
Mobile Grüße
Heiko
sent from my Sinclair ZX81
wweiher
Förderer

Ungelesener Beitragvon wweiher » Donnerstag 23. April 2015, 17:25

Hi Eddie,

just had a look at the Carthago description of the compactline i138. It shouldn't be a problem to stay below 3.500 kg. You should be able to carry about 500 Kg additional weight until you reach 3.5 t. But that's the catalag, reality may be different and can only be proven by a scale.

Hope it will help you

kind regards from Cologne

Wolfgang
HWEB

Ungelesener Beitragvon HWEB » Donnerstag 23. April 2015, 18:57

High Eddie, I drive a Carthago I 138 and went recently to a Weigh Station with it. Fully loaded i.e. 11kg Gas plus bottle, but just one, full diesel tank, me as the driver (75 kg) and my wife (65 kg) but no water, had to fill it after weighing, but with cloth for one week and some food, about 10-15 kg, including camping gear but no camping table and chairs (just bought them after weighing) it read 3240 kg. So 3500 is not a problem.

Regards
Hans
Eddieo

Ungelesener Beitragvon Eddieo » Freitag 24. April 2015, 08:18

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

Hans that is just the sort of information i need...very useful. Hope you don't mind me asking what specification did you order on van and if you have fitted any extras before weighing (engine size, awning, option packs etc...) as that will give me a much better idea where I stand with loading options, but I must say it is sounding hopeful.....
HWEB

Ungelesener Beitragvon HWEB » Freitag 24. April 2015, 17:06

Hi Eddie, engine hp 150, 3 m Omnistore, TV but not SAT receiver, bigger fridge option, carpets, stabilizers in the back (not sure how they are called in English), rest is standard. Even with all extras you can count on at least 450 kg which you can add. If you need more details I would have to search the papers which takes a bit more time. Cheers Hans
marcelch

Ungelesener Beitragvon marcelch » Montag 27. April 2015, 18:32

Hello Edi
I ordered a c-Compactline I 143 and bother also about the weight. Now an other chap nearby received his I 143 end of March. His car showed 12kg more on the scale than stated in the catolog - that`s not so bad! The delivery of my one is due end of July, than I can tell you more. But I think, as production processes for these models are now established, the weights should match the published ones very close.

Regards
Marcel
Eddieo

Ungelesener Beitragvon Eddieo » Montag 27. April 2015, 20:10

marcelch hat geschrieben:Hello Edi
I ordered a c-Compactline I 143 and bother also about the weight. Now an other chap nearby received his I 143 end of March. His car showed 12kg more on the scale than stated in the catolog - that`s not so bad! The delivery of my one is due end of July, than I can tell you more. But I think, as production processes for these models are now established, the weights should match the published ones very close.

Regards
Marcel

Thank you Marcel. that is great news! What did the 143 weigh please, do you think it is practical at 3500 kg? As my wife would prefer single beds :o

Edward
marcelch

Ungelesener Beitragvon marcelch » Dienstag 28. April 2015, 13:19

Hello Eddi

The dry weight of the compactline I 143 is without option 2740kg. The vehicle of the chap I mentioned has some options like the “super packet” 3.l engine with automatic gear box, heavy Alko frame. To reduce weight he got it without the lift bed in the front. So the dry weight added up, according to catalog to 3039kg. The standard weight ready to drive (fuel filled up, driver 75kg and water 20liter) comes to 3224 kg. This leaves him 276kg load. This is about what I expect to have available too with my car – hopefully. It is not ample but I think sufficient. We will have to watch the weight carefully. So we will buy equipment according to its weight. Fortunately my wife and I are not so heavy! So we can by chairs that are limited to 100kg, they weigh 2.8kg only compared to the ones that carry up to 140kg, those weigh typically 4.8kg to 5.2kg each! And of course when travelling, we will not take too much food and drinks along, as we will buy locally fresh food.
Both our “I 143” are on the heavy side, as we got a lot of nice to have options. If you reduce the options and stick to the necessities, the weight will come down a lot. Stay with the 2.3 l engine. As the compactline is smaller, it is anyway for two persons only, and so you can do without the lift bed in front. I also go without the 5th seat. – Doing that, you pay more and get less!

Regards
Marcel
Eddieo

Ungelesener Beitragvon Eddieo » Dienstag 28. April 2015, 19:30

Thanks Marcel for your help....

all this information making me feel less nervous.....5th chair, from what I have seen only really a step for drop down bed, so why not exclude it if no front bed ;)

Eddie

Zurück zu „Carthago Motorhomes (English)“